Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Outdoor Rooms

As fall enjoys a last hurrah before fading into winter, I'm savoring the little bit of warmth in these overcast days.

How do you like to make the most of this time of year?

In addition to favorite activities--going for walks, hula hooping, and raking leaves--I am savoring the outdoors in my favorite cozy spot: the tent.

Some people have gazebos, studios, barns, sheds, or other special buildings behind their houses. My outdoor room is a sweet little four person tent a friend of mine gave me this year for my birthday. Offering the privacy of being indoors combined with the joys of being outside, this silver and orange haven is perfect for afternoon naps, reading and tea, or late night star-gazing and wine drinking with a close friend.

I know I'll have to pack it up for the season soon, but every time I look out the window and see my tent out under the magnolia tree it makes me smile. So it stays another week. And with the unseasonably pleasant weather of the last few days I've been glad to have it still there.

What do you not want to let go of for the season quite yet? Do you have a seasonal space that lets you enjoy the outside with a little more protection from the elements and privacy from the neighbors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails