Thursday, January 28, 2010

Enjoying January

I'm feeling thankful for another amazingly beautiful day in my little corner of the Universe.

It started with lovely, tiny, floating snow flakes that led to more significant snow showers. The fat, bright flakes coated the trees, lawns, and cars in my neighborhood throughout the late morning and early afternoon. But the best part was when the sun came out for a bright end of afternoon. I love the winter brightness of sunlight reflecting off of fresh snow.

After having been away for a couple of weeks, enjoying a small--warm--town on the west coast of Mexico, it's an adjustment to be bundling up in layers for a day in the office. And considering that I'm much more partial to warm, sun-drenched days at the beach than I am to the intensity of winter, I feel particularly thankful when I find myself treasuring our coldest days. And today was cold. As I write it's 19 degrees with a windchill that makes it feel like 9.

What did you love about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails